Tough to stick with your fitness goals? You’re not alone… but then again maybe you are and that’s the problem
Many people who work out on their own find working-out in the gym a chore at best or maybe worse. Most people don’t enjoy chores so it’s no great surprise that all too soon they give up. For some there’s a simple solution, and it’s fun.
Many years of research confirms that exercising in groups provides substantial benefits for many, rather than exercising alone. Here are some of the benefits:
- Increased exercise adherence. Yes, repeated studies conclude you are far more likely to adhere to your fitness program, and not quit, with a group program.
- Increased enjoyment of exercise. Working-out with other people you like is fun. Groups keep each other motivated and encouraged. When people have shared goals its fun getting there together.
- Increased endorphin release. Endorphins are automatically released in a group environment. Add that to the endorphin release you get from exercise and you may just get addicted to feeling good working out in a group.
- Elevated mood. Exercise is a healthy antidepressant. Studies confirm that exercise can have a significant influence on mild to moderate depression. Endorphins, the “feel-good chemicals“ are released and it is also possible the neurotransmitter norepinephrine may directly improve mood.
- Better workout results. When you are able to push yourself a little more without even realizing it, and you adhere to your workout program, you get better results.
- Your exercise session seems to go faster. Time flies when your having fun. Goal oriented workouts, while having fun, make your session seem to go much faster.
- Have fun with new friends. When you join new groups for exercise you meet new people, find cohesion, and find lots of new friends. Yes its very social and you almost forget your getting exercise.
So when it comes to the best exercise program that’s fast, fun and gets great results for those who don’t want to exercise alone, small group exercise might just get you addicted to exercise, and keep you going.
At South Surrey Fitness Boutique for women, small group training is our signature service. It’s fast, fun and it works. Your tribe awaits!